Lucy Update: 17 Feb 2011

Lucy had a visit with the surgeon today. He took some x-rays of her leg and decided that the bones had fused sufficiently to remove the titanium plate. The plate is apparently the cause of the infection, or rather the medium upon which the infection is growing. Until the plate is removed we cannot fight the infection with antibiotics.

The surgery is scheduled for Monday the 28th of February. Although this additional surgery wasn’t in the original plan for Lucy, I welcome it if this will resolve the infection issue. She’ll wear a split/cast for another six weeks or so, which means she’ll be out of it right as springtime is breaking here in Colorado. I can’t wait.

Leave a Reply